Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not sure if it made me want to Laugh or Throw Up...


Here is a random little story that may brighten your day.

I was thinking back on the PICKY people that I used to have to serve coffee to when I worked at the Starbucks in North Dallas... my favorites were always the 1/2 splenda people that YELLED at you when you accidentally put in 1/2 equal... God forbid.

But today I got a fun one. The girl who was waiting tables came into the kitchen and said to me, "Prestame una cuchara de mantequilla." (Which means, give me a spoon of butter)Obviously at first I thought my Spanish was failing me, so I asked her again and she said the same thing. I asked her why and she said that a guy at one of the tables wanted it. As I thought back on his order, I realized all he ordered was tea. I asked for a third time just to make sure he REALLY wanted a spoon of butter. She assured me that he did as she took the butter out to him and he proceeded to put it in his TEA. Yep... some people like 1/2 splenda, others like a spoon full of butter. How do you take your coffee??

No comments: