Tuesday, December 9, 2008

End of the first year...


As I sit in the Quito airport waiting for my flight back to the States, I think back on the past year and all that God has done. It truly blows my mind.
God has given me to the opportunity to share Jesus, to make friends, to learn Spanish and to live as a Lojana. As I left Loja for "home," I felt like I was leaving my home, my family and my life to come "home" to my home, my family and my life. I cannot explain to you the way my heart is broken to leave these people (even if just for a month!) and how my heart is bursting with joy to see everyone in the States.
Yesterday my friend grabbed my hand and said, "You have changed my life, seriously," and I just wanted to burst into tears, fall on my knees and thanks Jesus for this opportunity to serve these beautiful people. May GOD receive all the glory for the things that have happened this year and may HE receive the glory for what WILL happen this next year.
Thank you for walking with me this year, praying for me, and keeping up with my funny, tearful and crazy stories.

3 comments:

Dana Marie said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

Jennifer Miller said...

I hope you have a FABULOUS time at home for the holidays!!! :)

Dan and Lynn said...

I weep to think of all the ways God has used you, Eng!!! I am so grateful for your sacrifice and your presnece to truly "live among the people"!! Just like Jesus!!! I am bursting with pride! Can't wait to see you lthough I have to pick up my folks on the 23rd at DIA at 6:00pm. Call and we will talk about a time to see you!!!Hugs!