Friday, January 7, 2011

New Adventure here we come!


I had every intention of writing something inspirational on the day of my wedding to finish off my 30 days, but it just didn't happen. So here's what you missed:
I married my best friend and the love of my life.
As I prepared to walked down the aisle to the rest of my life, the tears crept into the corners of my eyes. I was being passed from the man who had been my strength and support since day one of my life to the man I would be one with from this day forward. I could barely contain myself as Ashley sang, "When we arrive at eternity's shores, where death is just a memory and tears are no more. We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring, your bride will come together and we'll sing, You're beautiful."
I was blessed to have my daddy not only give me away but give us a great charge. He reminded us that we are going to have to be learners of one another even after so many years of knowing each other.
It was awesome to be able to all worship together we sang together, "And heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us!"
As Steven served me through communion, my sister blessed us with a song that she wrote: "Baby will you hold my hand, baby will you be my best friend and lead me? I wanna be your wife. I want to show the world Christ. I want to let you be with me... as we serve the One true King." If you can't tell, the music was my favorite part of the ceremony!
Through the exchange of rings and the pronouncement of man and wife, my heart fluttered in my chest. It was official, I was his and he was mine. The reception and saying hi to all the people we love was a blur, but wonderful!
The wedding went off without a hitch. It was everything I ever hoped it would be... none of it would have happened without the support of great friends and family who helped decorate, put together food, and make sure everything ran smoothly. So if that was you, THANK YOU!
After that we made our way to Cancun for our honeymoon and Colorado for Christmas. We made it back to dallas before the New Year and have since started work and about to start school. We are loving being married and excited about all the great things the Lord has for us!
Our main goal in our wedding was to give glory to God. We pray that you saw Jesus in our wedding from start to finish. Thanks for journeying with us... here's to the next adventure called MARRIAGE!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Aaaah! This makes me wish I was there even more. I'm so happy for the two of you. You are one beautiful lady inside and out.

Mindful Muse said...

I found your blog by what many will say "accident" but I was because God lead me to you. Even though I am not engage or about to get married I have a some what similar situation to yours and lets just say as I read all your stories I hear God saying. It's possible. I could feel God in every word you wrote! Thank you.

Ankita Sarkar said...

Congratulations! I found your blog by chance and I like it.

Wife Of A Disciple said...

Yes Marrige is indeed an adventure, with the Holy Spirit leading you.........it's a great adventure!ENJOY