Monday, December 17, 2007

My hero... my sister



"Hungry, will work for food." What is your first thought when you see someone holding a sign like this on the street? Homeless? Dirty? Worthless? or Friend? My little sister's first thought is how can I help this friend on the street.
Last night she called home to see if she could bring home a girl who she'd met on the street and had no where to stay. Janna hung out with this girl all day yesterday, gave her a bed to sleep in, a shower, and is currently trying to help her sort through her things to take back to her dad's house in Jersey. My little sister is my hero. She has no thought of herself and how this will cramp her day, but only of the wellbeing of another.
When Jesus says, "When I was hungry you gave me something to eat, when I was thirsty you gave me something to drink, when I was in need you clothed me." I know my humble sister will say, "When did I do this for you?" And I am convinced that he will look at her, point at the hundreds of people that she has loved and say, "Whatever you did to the least of these, you have done unto me."

No comments: