Monday, February 9, 2009

I think you got the wrong one...


I am so quick to judge the stupid things people did in the Bible. Take Moses for example... I give him such a hard time for saying NO when the Lord said you're going to save my people. But as I really think about it, that's pretty gutsy to say no to God. Then there are stupid people like me who say YES, but have a really hard time trusting that the Lord will do what he says he's going to do.
Like yesterday when I say to God (like Moses): I'm not kidding, I think you picked the wrong person to run the cafe. I think you made some mistake in asking or I made some mistake in saying yes. I take it back... I take it back!!
As I was sitting on the roof of our house, crying out to the Lord telling him he made a mistake he opened my eyes to see several bright stars in the sky.
He said: What if that one star wasn’t there? Would it make a difference?
My response: No… not really.
So He said: But what if I have a plan and a purpose for that star? What if my will wouldn’t be done without it. If you knew all of that, would you dismiss it so easily?
My obvious response: Of course not! If I knew that you had some great plan for it, I would never discount it.
His zinger: Then why would you discount your reason for being here at this time in this place for a reason that is not yet known to you?

I sat in silence as I was put in my place by my loving Father. I thanked him for choosing me even if I didn't understand the reason because really, it’s all about his plan, not mine. I love how the Lord uses my weak things to show his strength. If all of my weaknesses need to be exposed so that he receives ALL the glory, so be it. My job is to be obedient, to walk close to his heart and know him more every day. Some days that seems harder than others.
What about you? Are you living in accordance with his plan or are you discounting yourself thinking he has no plan for you?
"I am with you, that's all you need. My power shows up best in weak people." -2 Cor 12:9 (TLB)

1 comment:

Becka said...

Those were beautiful thoughts. Thanks you for sharing them. I am one of those people who quickly say yes, but then withhold complete faith. Your post was a good reminder for me.