Thursday, February 12, 2009

To complain or be thankful... hard choice


Do you ever find yourself moaning about how horrible your life is and how you wish that whatever CRAP you were going through right now would just end? If I could take a poll, I think 8 out 10 people would say yes.
But how many of us actually look at the things to be thankful for that we take for granted. "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God and the peace of God which passes ALL UNDERSTANDING will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
So here are 13 random things that I am thankful for... maybe you should try it.
I am thankful...
1. For electricity and running water (most of the time).
2. For friends who love and care for me.
3. For the Word of God in my language.
4. That I can see beauty.
5. For my two legs to walk on.
6. For a family that supports me and loves me as I am.
7. That I live in Ecuador and I get the chance to see a beautiful country and culture play itself out ever single day.
8. That I can make my own food, and don't have to eat platanos every day.
9. For internet (somedays I complain that it doesn't work, but I should be thankful that I have it at all... I could be like the missionaries in the 1920's and never get to see or speak to anyone at home ever again!)
10. For Jesus Christ and him walking close to me in times of plenty and in times of want.
11. For the ability to smile and laugh
12. For a normal toilet, though I can't flush toilet paper.
13. For coffee... but that's a given.

There are a million other things I am thankful for, but this is my little starter list. Take time to thank God for all He has done for you. I for one can I say I have no idea where I would be without him.

No comments: