Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Strength and Beauty...

A small hand with broken fingers and weathered skin reached up to the sky. A streak of grey ran through her black hair. I could barely see her 4’10” frame around the other people in the church, but her hands stretched upward without regard for anyone around her.

The sights and sounds around me seemed to fade in comparison to this woman. I was close to tears as I watched this seasoned woman hold both hands outstretched for over 20 minutes without so much as a tremble.

This is strength and beauty; a woman whose worn heart is devoted to the Lord. Some see age, the Lord sees a true worshipper. Others see weakness, the Lord sees one who has trusted despite all odds.

As I stood there, I asked the Lord if one day my hands could look like that.

2 comments:

Shopoff Family said...

Patrick and I love keeping up with your blog. God has such great plans for you, and we are just excited to be able to hear all about them and be blessed. We will continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

I love reading everything. I have to catch up on my Jamie. =]