Friday, February 22, 2008

What Now?

What do you write when you’re just in one of those moods… when the injustice of the world has slapped you in the face… when you are heartbroken by the lost state of people … when you ask God for things you know he can do but for some reason he chooses not to? What do you say then?

For some reason today I’ve been hit by all these thoughts. I spent the day with a girl who lives only for the weekend and the next party. I watched a movie that reminded me about injustice and the lost state of the world. I was drawn to my knees to pray for an entire city when I know nothing will happen unless God intervenes.

So what now? I MUST remember the goodness of God. I am blown away that we have a God who sent his Son when he didn’t have to. We serve a God who gave up all the glories of heaven to come to this crappy earth and live with me and you. We serve a God who says: this is love. Not that we love God but that he loved us and sent his son for our sins. THIS is LOVE!

In moments like these, I MUST remember that God chases after lost people. I MUST remind myself that his heart is ripped apart by injustice. I MUST cling to the truth that I serve a BIG GOD who can change the course of history with the wave of his hand.

He IS good and I refuse to serve any other.

No comments: