Friday, January 9, 2009

Small problems make big blow up…

It always starts out with something stupid doesn’t it? For me, it was an annoying customer that turned into me losing it… not to the customer, mind you, but I felt like I lost face with some of my volunteers and employees. I apologized and all, but still felt really stupid.
And then came the real blow. I got home and Satan began with his lies… you can’t do this. Why would you even THINK you could manage a café? You’re so stupid and worthless.
Did you know there is a reason that God never meant for us to be alone? Because you need other people in your life to speak those words of truth into your heart when Satan is coming at your with both guns blaring.
So listen to the words of truth… in your weakness, He is strong. He knows what He’s doing and He doesn’t make mistakes. You serve a faithful God. Listen to His heart for you instead of Satan’s lies.
That may just be me speaking truth to myself, but if those are words that you too need to hear, know that your Father stands with open arms ready to give you a hug when no one else can.
“I love you O Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” –Ps 116:1-2

2 comments:

Beth Daugherty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth Daugherty said...

We all show our flaws in one way or another. You blog was like a mirror in my life. There are days when I feel so sorry for the way I acted or what I said to someone.

We love you and know that this life is difficult. I understand that management is very difficult on top of being a missionary too. Sharing your faith and making sure a business is running is a delicate balancing act. Thank you for opening up you heart and sharing your true struggles.

Your transparency is refreshing. We will pray for strength and a binding of the enemy. His lies are old and worn out. Time and time I have to remind myself - ugh...not the old one about I'm not worth it or I can't do it. Thank goodness the Lord chose us when we couldn't and is equipping us daily!

Love you!!